Topic: SY0-601 topic 1 question 837

A security analyst is creating baselines for the server team to follow when hardening new devices for deployment. Which of the following best describes what the analyst is creating?

A.
Change management procedure
B.
Information security policy
C.
Cybersecurity framework
D.
Secure configuration guide

Re: SY0-601 topic 1 question 837

D. Secure configuration guide

From CompTIA Security+ Student Guide - Lesson 1
"Use benchmarks, secure configuration guides, and development best practices as
baselines for deploying assets."

Chat GPT is not always correct !! These are Chat GPT answers and very misleading, we need to study the material. The correct answer is B in my opinion. I think all the knowledgeable guys have left this platform after passing the test ....... I need to leave too ! Lol

B makes no sense

D. Secure configuration guide

When a security analyst is creating baselines for the server team to follow when hardening new devices for deployment, they are likely creating a document that provides guidelines and recommendations for securely configuring and hardening the devices. This type of document is commonly referred to as a "Secure Configuration Guide."

D.
After installing an operating system, web server, database server, or almost any other kind of technology, you always want to make sure it has a secure configuration. To make sure it has a secure configuration, you would "harden the system." Through creating baselines for the server team to follow when hardening new devices for deployment, this security analyst is creating secure configuration guides.

https://www.professormesser.com/security-plus/sy0-501/secure-configuration-guides/

Secure configuration guide (Option D): A secure configuration guide provides detailed instructions and recommendations for configuring systems and devices in a secure manner. It typically includes settings, parameters, and best practices to follow when hardening devices. This aligns with the task of creating baselines for the server team.