Topic: 300-815 topic 1 question 149

Refer to the exhibit. A collaboration engineer is troubleshooting an issue where external callers cannot leave voicemail messages. Also, internal users report hearing the reorder tone (fast busy) when they attempt to retrieve voicemail messages from their Cisco IP phones. Which action resolves the issue?

A.
Verify that the correct port numbers are used for the SIP trunk.
B.
Ensure that the SIP Trunk Security Profile is configured to use UDP for transport.
C.
Start the Cisco Call Manager service at the destination.
D.
Ensure that Cisco UCM can resolve the destination address via DNS.

Re: 300-815 topic 1 question 149

I vote D. John Doe is correct in their assessment.

To support John_Doe_9999's answer, I found this URL:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213718-calls-through-session-initiation-protoco.html
In this document under the section Troubleshoot you find:
Scenario 3. For Local=3, possible reason could be DNS server is not reachable or DNS is not properly configured to resolve hostname or SRV which is configured on local SIP trunk

Local=3 (DNS query failed)

The Status Reason codes are provided below:
Local=1 (request timeout)
Local=2 (local SIP stack is not able to create a socket connection with the remote peer)
Local=3 (DNS query failed)

These error codes can be found in the following System Error Messages Guide for UC_CALLMANAGER-3-SIPTrunkOOS alarm.
Ref: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/err_msgs/8_x/ccmalarms861.html#UC_CALLMANAGER-5-SIPNormalizationAutoResetDisabled

D is correct

I'm going with D because if you can't even resolve the hostname, the port doesn't matter. I'm thinking that's why the make it 0 just to make it tricky. You have to think of order of operations.

I also confirmed you can indeed use "0" for your destination port on a SIP trunk.

To add to this further, the down reason of "local=3" means the DN Query Failed, so D is correct for sure

Should be A?