Topic: 300-420 topic 1 question 204

Refer to the exhibit. An engineer is designing a redistribution solution for a customer. The customer recently acquired another company and decided to Integrate the new network running RIPv1 with the company's existing network. Which redistribution technique must the engineer select to ensure the multipoint two-way redistribution does not cause routing loops?

A.
distribute-lists inbound under the EIGRP process denying RIPv1 learned prefixes
B.
distribute-lists inbound under the RIPv1 process denying EIGRP learned prefixes
C.
distribute-lists outbound under the EIGRP process denying RIPv1 learned prefixes
D.
distribute-lists outbound under the RIPv1 process denying EIGRP learned prefixes

Re: 300-420 topic 1 question 204

my exam in 50 minutes and my head is full of info but here is what I think of this question....since RIPv1 is classful protocol, there is no fear of loops caused by EIGRP routes being advertised back to EIGRP because the only thing that will be advertised back to EIGRP is the classful EIGRP 10.0.0.0 and the classful RIPv1 192.168.x.0 routes. The fear is RIPv1 routes coming back to RIP through EIGRP. So the answer in this case is D....under rip, distribute-list out preventing redistributed RIPv1 routes in EIGRP coming back to RIP. so Answer is D.....to the exam...wish you all the best of luck

distribute-lists inbound under the EIGRP process denying RIPv1 learned prefixes

Not sure which is the correct one.

But, I assume that R2 and R3 are core routers for R4 and R5.
For me, make sense Answer C: Filter out under EIGRP the learned prefix from RIP.

R2 and R3 will have on their routing table, both, RIP and EIGRP routes, and they are able to reach all sites.

A is not suitable, because you are filtering a network that never should be advertised. It spend more resources.
B is not suitable, because R2 and R3 will never learn the networks from RIP.
D is not suitable, because then R1 will never will be able to learn networks from EIGRP.

So, for me C could be a good aproach.

A. distribute-lists inbound under the EIGRP process denying RIPv1 learned prefixes

Using distribute-lists inbound under the EIGRP process, you can filter out the RIPv1 learned prefixes. This prevents the prefixes learned via RIPv1 from being redistributed back into EIGRP, thus avoiding potential routing loops during the redistribution process.

Answer is A.. just labbed this

I think that the key point is knowing where to put the config. For instance, if it was on R2 and R3, both R2 and R3 would be redistributing the rip route for . What you want to do is block that route that is being received from R4 and R5 and being redistributed back into R2 and R3.

I think is like the following question:

https://www.islever.com/discussions/cisco/view/85755-exam-300-410-topic-1-question-235-discussion/