Topic: SY0-601 topic 1 question 680

A manufacturing organization wants to control and monitor access from the internal business network to the segregated production network, while ensuring minimal exposure of the production network to devices. Which of the following solutions would best accomplish this goal?

A.
Proxy server
B.
NGFW
C.
WAF
D.
Jump server

Re: SY0-601 topic 1 question 680

A jump server, also known as a jump host or jump box. The most common example is managing a host in a DMZ from trusted networks or computers. A jump server acts as a buffer for a network of multiple devices and keeps outside traffic from sensitive information. Its primary function is to prevent a malicious hacker from accessing your data and make your network less prone to self-propagating spyware. Jump servers are installed in such a way that they are placed between a secure zone and a DMZ to provide transparent management on devices on the DMZ. Jump servers are often used in organizations with private networks to enable secure access to assets and user workstations.

I thought it was A, apparently its D

Jump servers are used to manage and control access between networks, often serving as a gateway from a less trusted network

While NGFWs enhance security, they focus on traffic filtering and threat prevention rather than internal network segmentation.
NGFWs are valuable for perimeter defense but may not be the best fit for controlling internal network access.

I believe NGFW is correct.

It says "minimal exposure of the production network to devices" So I think D is the answer.

NGFW:
"the question is to control and manage traffic between two segments of a corporate network"

What would be the best method for segregating and controlling traffic within a network?
Typically, segmentation is done through a combination of firewalls, Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), and Software Defined Networking/Firewall (SDN).

The obvious choice here, is New Generation Firewall.

I agree

C - for monitor and controll

I go with B. the goal is to secure access between networks. NGFW would be a suitable choice