Topic: PMP topic 1 question 499

The project manager has learned that the project sponsor is unhappy with the development of the project requirements.
In order to realign the project with the sponsor's expectations, what should the project manager do?

A.
Review the project goal diagram with the team
B.
Perform a stakeholder evaluation
C.
Confirm which templates the team should be using
D.
Review the risk management plan

Re: PMP topic 1 question 499

Stakeholder issue, to address it via stakeholder evaluation.

Project Goal Diagram can be a made-up term. I cannot find it in PMBOK 6th ed. For the exam, B is more suitable, I guess.

To realign the project with the sponsor's expectations regarding project requirements, the project manager should perform a stakeholder evaluation (option B). This involves engaging with the sponsor and other key stakeholders to better understand their expectations, preferences, and any concerns related to the project requirements. By conducting a stakeholder evaluation, the project manager can gather valuable insights and feedback from the sponsor, which can then be used to adjust and refine the project requirements to meet the sponsor's expectations.

A project manager who learns that a project sponsor is unhappy with the development of the project requirements should perform a stakeholder evaluation. The project sponsor is a senior executive who is responsible for the success of the project. Stakeholders can make or break a project, so it's important to manage them effectively

B. Perform a stakeholder evaluation

1. A goal diagram is a graphic representation of goals, the relationships among stakeholders and among goals themselves. 2. Stakeholders: people who, for example are interested in a new solution or pursue goals. The weighting is an expression of how important a goal is to a particular stakeholder.

First of all, I have never heard of a 'project goal diagram'. Secondly, in order to realign the project with the sponsor's expectations, we need to understand his expectations.

Will go With B

The keyword is "requirement." That is project sponsor-driven.

I will stay with A

Any thought on B? strategy for engaging the stakeholder is defined in the stakeholder engagement plan
Perform a stakeholder evaluation

Agree, B seems correct as you would not typically discuss requirements with project team instead of stakeholders, which is defined in the stakeholder engagement plan.

I don't agree with you guys - I think A is correct. the issue is around the requirement so it will be beneficial to review the goals of the project to get the right requirement to accomplish that goal.

kevzzz wrote:

1. A goal diagram is a graphic representation of goals, the relationships among stakeholders and among goals themselves. 2. Stakeholders: people who, for example are interested in a new solution or pursue goals. The weighting is an expression of how important a goal is to a particular stakeholder.