Topic: PMP topic 1 question 604

A project manager has been asked to lead a project. The performing organization does not have a project management office (PMO) or formal governance policies procedures, and guidelines for this type of project.
What should the project manager do first to determine a governance approach for the project?

A.
Consult a subject matter expert (SME) as to the best governance policies, procedures, and guidelines to be used by the project
B.
Consult with team members and stakeholders to determine whether the organization has any informal governance policies procedures, and guidelines
C.
Choose either a predictive or agile framework best suited to the nature of the project, and use this framework as the basis for project governance policies, procedures, and guidelines
D.
Coach the self-managing team to produce tailored governance policies, procedures and guidelines for the project

Re: PMP topic 1 question 604

I'm gonna say B makes the most sense here instead of the answer provided.  I think if there's no formal procedures in place, the first thing you might want to ask is "What do you guys normally do for projects?"  You'd be surprised how many places have forms and checklists, etc. that they use that aren't codified as procedures anywhere, but depending on the organization, it may be a well oiled machine that you don't want to throw a wrench in.

Going with B.

Question says they don't have "formal" governance policies, so you ask for their informal  governance policies.

B. Consult with team members and stakeholders to determine whether the organization has any informal governance policies, procedures, and guidelines

In the absence of a formal PMO or established governance policies, procedures, and guidelines, consulting with team members and stakeholders is a proactive approach. This involves understanding any existing informal practices, expectations, or governance mechanisms that might be in place within the organization. This initial consultation can help the project manager tailor governance approaches that align with the organization's culture and context.

This option offers several advantages:

Leveraging existing knowledge: Consulting with team members and stakeholders helps tap into their understanding of the organization's informal practices and expectations.
Collaborative approach: Building consensus from the outset fosters buy-in and ownership of the governance framework.
Contextual adaptation: Adapting the governance approach to the organization's specific culture and operating style increases its effectiveness.

A ofc. Can't be B because the questions say that don't have any policies etc. You can't search your lockers to find any policies. When you dont have any  informal governance policies procedures, and guidelines you ask an expert who have the experience

B. Se debe primero conocer a la empresa para implementar el proceso de gobernanza.

B. Consult with team members and stakeholders to determine whether the organization has any informal governance policies procedures, and guidelines

The project manager is faced with a situation where there is no established PMO or formal governance framework in the organization. In such cases, there might not be readily available SMEs who can provide guidance on governance policies specific to the organization's context. They may have to consult external SMEs. So this should be the 2nd step if A doesn't work.

PMBOK: Governance. Does the organization have formal or informal audit and governance policies, procedures, and guidelines?

Usually we answer those questions with our logic whichbis often times different from PMI's. I read the comments below and understood the guys but let's remember PMI's logic.

I think the answer is B.
Becuase question is what to do first.

do B -> If no any informal governance, do A -> after consulting, C (choose and use governance as consulted)  -> D (use it)

나는 C라고 생각한다

As the performing organization does not have a PMO or formal governance policies, procedures, and guidelines, the project manager should start by consulting with the team members and stakeholders to determine whether there are any informal governance policies, procedures, and guidelines in place. This will help the project manager to better understand the organizational context and establish an appropriate governance approach for the project. The project manager may also consider consulting with subject matter experts (SMEs) to obtain additional insights and guidance.

I agree with A

Change to B

I think in project management you don't want to go with any undocumented procedure.
Any procedure need stop be formal  from the company OPA.
So,it is to get expect into the picture to get a documented procedure before you proceed.
So I go with A

''Any procedure needs to be formal from company OPA''
'so it is to get expert into the picture

going with B too

I will go with B.

After B will come D. You don't want to come in and rock the boat unnecessarily. The question is, what should the project manager do FIRST? The first thing

B. Consult with team members and stakeholders to determine whether the organization has any informal governance policies, procedures, and guidelines

In the absence of a formal PMO or established governance policies, procedures, and guidelines, consulting with team members and stakeholders is a proactive approach. This involves understanding any existing informal practices, expectations, or governance mechanisms that might be in place within the organization. This initial consultation can help the project manager tailor governance approaches that align with the organization's culture and context.